I recently visited Nashville, TN and while much wasn’t open, that didn’t stop us from eating good food and taking too many pictures! I thought I would share my food experiences from the places we visited while there and of course, drool-worthy pictures!
Whiskey Kitchen- 118 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
- Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer: absolutely fantastic, thick and juicy tomato with just the right amount of coating, the balsamic glaze was the cherry on top.
- Seared Salmon: This salmon was cooked to perfection, super moist and tender. It was seasoned well and it didn’t distract from the flavor of the salmon.
- Fried Green Tomatoes BLT: Like a regular BLT but 100x better!
Tavern- 1904 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203
- Pain Perdu- The frosted flake crust on this challah bread alongside the rocky road sauce made for a heavenly combination in your mouth.
- Maple Fondu- Plenty enough to share! The sausage was super spicy. The red velvet waffle dunked in maple syrup was the best part of the maple fondu.
- Eggrolls- The Philly cheesesteak filling side this crispy egg roll crust was perfect with each bite!
- Tuscan Fries- The roasted red pepper was the perfect little hint of heat to these fries!
- Belgian Fries- I couldn’t get enough of these fries dunked(literally) in their roasted garlic aioli.
- White Trash Hash- Not your typical corn beef hash, but it was much better in my opinion! It had a sticky type texture where it held itself together and the corn beef flavoring wasn’t overwhelming, which I enjoyed!
- Monkey Bowl- Such a flavorful yogurt parfait with fresh berries and an orange blossom honey!
Husk- 37 Rutledge St, Nashville, TN 37210
- Shrimp and Grits- I am a huge fan of shrimp and grits and these did not disappoint. Never would I have thought that egg yolk in this dish would be good, but once you break the yoke and mixed everything together it created such a creamy dish of shrimp and grits. Also, these shrimp were the most tender I have ever ate, it was almost like they melted in your mouth!
- Sorbet Flight- what gets better than a flight of frozen sweet treats?! The flavors for the day were cantaloupe, peach, and watermelon. All of which were phenomenal. The cantaloupe sorbet was surprisingly my favorite of the three; the flavor wasn’t overwhelming, but just enough. The watermelon sorbet didn’t have an artificial watermelon taste at all which was shocking; I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor. The peach, despite its super intense flavor, was really good!
Folk- 823 Meridian St, Nashville, TN 37207
- Margherita Pizza- I am a huge fan of Margherita pizza and this one did not disappoint. The ratio of tomato to mozzarella in addition to the basil and parmesan was the perfect mixture!
- Sourdough Ice Cream- yep, I was just as skeptical as you, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. There was an underlying bread taste and it wasn’t an overly sweet ice cream. It leaned more toward sour notes. Overall, it was tasty and certainly a flavor worth experiencing.
Mas Tacos Por Favor- 732 Mcferrin Ave, Nashville, TN 37206
- Tilapia tacos- These tacos were a hit! The fried tilapia was tasty and the sauce was as well; it added the perfect amount of spice to the tacos.
- Elote- The grilled corn was super flavorful and super spicy; you’ll need lots of water for this one!
- Sweet Plantains- I am not a huge fan of plantains, but my sister said they took her straight back to Honduras!
Puckett’s-500 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219
- Cinnamon Roll- We grabbed breakfast to go from here on the last day and it didn’t disappoint! This whiskey-glazed cinnamon roll was light and fluffy on the inside and had a crisp outer ring and the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar mixture inside. The only thing that would have made this better would have been homemade cream cheese icing on top!
Biscuit Love- 316 11th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
- East Nasty Biscuit- It’s probable a good thing I don’t live anywhere near a Biscuit Love because I could eat breakfast there every single day. This flaky buttered biscuit had a perfectly moist piece of fried chicken with cheddar cheese and lathered with flavorful sausage gravy; it was truly a hit for breakfast!
The Cake Project- 1006 Fatherland St Suite 207, Nashville, TN 37206
- Cheesecake- We stumbled upon this place by accident and I was so glad we did. I am an avid cheesecake fan so we tried 4 different flavors; mango key lime, red velvet, banana pudding, and white chocolate peanut butter. Each flavor was really tasty. The cheesecake was smooth, rich, and creamy. Surprisingly the mango key lime was my favorite one!
Olive and Sinclair- 1628 Fatherland St, Nashville, TN 37206
- Duck Fat Caramels- Yet another one of those skeptical things, but don’t knock it till you try it! I am convinced these are the best caramels ever made. Prove me wrong, I’ll wait….haha! They are savory caramels that have a unique spice taste to them. They melt in your mouth and leave you craving another one.
Baked On 8th- 1512 8th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
- Carrot Cake- I love to try carrot cake because it’s one of my top desserts, but this one didn’t quite live up to my expectations. It was flavorful with the your traditional carrot cake spices and coconut, but lacked the flavor and moistness the presence of pineapple brings to the cake. The cream cheese frosting was excellent! They also have a super “sweet” mural outside….too bad the customer service wasn’t as sweet on the inside!
Donut Distillery- 311 Gallatin Ave, Nashville, TN 37206
- Mini Donuts- You know when you pick up your donut and its soft and warm and covered in peanut butter and chocolate, it’s about to be a little party in your belly. These donuts were super fresh and little bites of joy in your mouth, I could’ve eaten way more than one. The cinnamon sugar and the orange creamsicle had rave reviews as well from my sisters.