“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
My time at RCC has been nothing short of amazing. I began here last October, knowing it was only a year long position, but what I didn’t know was that I would gain an entire new family!
Each one of these amazing individuals have impacted my life and taught me so much that I could never even begin to return the favor. They never looked at me as young or inexperienced, they viewed me as an adult and took the opportunity to teach me life lessons that I would never have learned anywhere else. I can truly say that if it weren’t for these people, I would not be making this leap and chasing my dreams. As soon as I began working here, they took me into the family and below is a list of life lessons that they have painstakingly taught me:
- Take every opportunity that comes your way. Don’t become so consumed with making a living that you forget to make a life.
- No amount of money can account for happiness, but the people you spend your time with can.
- Never take life for granted, everything can change in the blink of an eye. Always take the time to count your blessings and most importantly, enjoy the life you have been given.
- Take note of those who are encouraging you and those who are discouraging you and surround yourself with only those who push you to be the best you can be.
- Don’t spend your time trying to impress others, it doesn’t get you anywhere.
- Never miss the chance to try something new, it could be life-changing!
- You are right where you are supposed to be in life, even if you don’t understand why.
- Don’t burn the bridge if you don’t have to; you never know when you may need to cross it again.
- Enjoy the little things in life, one day they will hold a heavier meaning.
- Invest in getting to know the people around you. Who knows, they might be as hilarious as the ones I have had the pleasure of knowing.
- If you spend your time doing something you don’t want to do, you’re only wasting your time.
- Don’t let the small things in life worry you. They won’t matter in 10 minutes and you won’t even remember them in 10 years.
- No matter where you go, be unapologetically yourself. People will love you for you, not a fabricated version of you.
Although it is a bittersweet day to be saying goodbye, I know that it’s not really a goodbye, more of a see ya later, friends! You guys will always hold a special place in my heart and no matter where I go in life, I will never have a work family as amazing as you all.